Sunday 2 August 2015

Last Straw by Monique - Short Story Challenge

Hi guys,

A while back, Noa shared her picks from the Short Story Challenge with me. I couldn't help it, I had to write a story with them. Which is cheating, I know. But they were so much better than my own picks (which still ought to get formed into a story) and I had so much fun with them.

When I updated the site earlier this week, with the new layout and such, I already put this up in the story list. Big up to you who already found and read it haha Hope you've enjoyed. For those not having found it yet, enjoy the read!

Monique


The picks were;
Mark
A cocktail bar
A book

You only get four pages to get to the point





Title: Last Straw
Author: Monique
Rating: 18+
Genre: R, SX
Pages: 4
Cast: You and your favorite 'lifer
Teaser: He's hot but taken. Yet still things spiral out of control...

12 comments:

Ana said...

OMG, what a bastard! I would seriously like to kill him. Full credit to you I did not see that one coming, brilliant! well done.

Noa said...

Jeez!! No, seriously! JEEEEZ!!!
You took my pick and you turned it into a completely different direction. Good work on that one!! You have a way with words, dear!

kaz said...

Seriously, I stand by what I said. BEST OPENING LINE EVER!!!!!

Loved this, love love love it. I didn't see the ending coming and I admit, I still feel a little ripped off when I read it. Haha.

Brilliant work, as per usual. This is going in my "Faves" pile xxxx

Monique said...

<3 <3
Thanks a million, guys! I'm grinning like a cheshire cat here. Glad you've enjoyed it!

tmsturkenboom@gmail.com said...

haha great story!

Noa said...

btw, I was about to comment on "last straw" because the same expression is used in german, but with a different meaning. At first I was like, wohow, Monique! What a blunder, that is so not you! But I looked it up, sorry for being the watchdog on my mind for no reason ;)

Monique said...

What's the meaning in German then? Ha, it's always tricky. I always need to watch myself using Dutch expressions coz they might come across completely wrong when translated. I generally just don't use them in my stories or I do a bit of a google search to find out how to translate if even possible haha
I thought it was kinda fitting, considering the theme and the setting (the cocktail bar) but really, I was totally uninspired and went with the first thing that came to mind. Or no, that's not true. With the second thing. The first was 'Temptation' but then I realized that was how we called your story hahaha

Noa said...

Hihi, Temptation :)
Oh yes!

The last straw or your last straw would be something like "you are grabbing the last straw to hold onto it" your last way out, the last resort. we say that "one grabs every straw or the last straw"
And for this we would say "filling the barrel over the rim" if that makes any sense :)

Mélo said...

that was pretty frustrating... and bloody brilliant as usual :) have to say that the title is perfect in several ways^^
good work^^

Anonymous said...

Brilliant story! would love a sequel where he gives her what he promised ;)

Monique said...

There's nothing quite like a fresh comment over a year after the story went live. Thanks dear :)

*goes for a little re-read*

Anonymous said...

Re-reading this one and still wanting more! Was there ever a sequel? This can't end there LOL