Monday 2 February 2015

Question...

Hi all,

We have a quick question for you all, we hope you'll take a minute to help us out.

In the past year we've changed our host that holds our stories. We won't bother you with all the technical details but basically the older stories are still with our old host while the new ones are uploaded to another one.

Now, for our question. It's come to our knowledge that this new host adds in random advertisment and pop up stuffs. How annoying is this for you on scale from; doesn't bother me in the least to sod off with that old crap, I won't bother reading the stories now.
And how many of you actually get the advertisments?
Also, does it make a difference from what device you're entering the site? (like, do you get them on your phone but not your laptop)

It's only the newer stories that ought to give this problem, say the ones uploaded in the past 7/8 months. Though if you find you have trouble with the older stories, please do let us know.

We'd like to know your experience with all this so that we can decide whether or not we need to start uploading our stories elsewhere. Your help will be much appreciated!

Neverland staff

12 comments:

Vicksta1982 said...

I can cope with pop ups and ads sometimes if its once but if it's there every few pages or every time I go to click something then that is really irritating.

Monique said...

Yeah, my thought exactly haha That's why I'm trying to figure out how irritating exactly it is on Neverland. For me it's not too bad but then, since I've already scripted and read most of the stories before they go on I'm not sure if I run across them as other visitors might.

Do you get a lot of pop ups or ads on here?

Vicksta1982 said...

On this site? No just one I've encountered so far.

Monique said...

Good haha Thanks.
We'd find it rather crappy if everytime you've filled in all the answers before reading a story, an advertisement pops up which makes that you have to answer all those questions again. I've had that happen once, Noa did too.
We wouldn't want it to scare people off.

But seems like it's not too bad then? Or are there other people hiding out there that find they have lots of problems with pop ups and such?

amy said...

I haven't encountered a pop up or ad on this site, touch wood anyway

Jess said...

It does it every time I go onto a story. But it might be because I can only use my cell right now. It used to be a pain but have accepted it.

Noa said...

Same for me, it is only when I use my mobile, on my computer there is nothing.
Last time it actually was an advert on some "Free storage for your homepage" thing :) maybe I should check it out ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes I find them annoying but I only get one and that's when I'm finished typing in the details for the fics I want to read :)

Monique said...

Thanks for letting us know!

I did a bit of a google search and changed some settings in our account yesterday. Is it still the same for you now?

@Anonymous; Does it leave you having to answer all the questions again?

Kazzy Bee said...

I usually only get one, its when I've answered all the questions and the story loads, I get the ad about free hosting, but I just click it and then it's gone.

I don't have to re-answer anything. So it's really not that annoying. I'll go and check now since you've made changes though, Monique, I shall report back!

Please hold.....

Kazzy Bee said...

SO far so good, I've gone into three or four of the more recent stories and no pop up. Yay!

You're a genius, Monique. And fabulous story writing, lovely genius! :)

Monique said...

Yay! It's yet to be proven I'm an actual genius but every ad less is a total win. haha Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Thanks for giving it a try Kaz ;)