Friday 5 September 2014

Some more stuff to be discussed on the forum... or here?

Hey everyone!
Finally, it is unbelivable :) No phone, baby sick, car broke down again and my boss really thinks that I am able to do some work after nine, just because working for him is such a great pleasure. Well, car needs fixing so I will be working after nine... again.

But I wanted to talk about something else first.
Since we are out of fics at the moment (please keep writing, peeps, we need you!!), Monique had the idea to start a "Throwback Thursday" where we talk about our favourite fics or give others ideas, which stories to read next.
So... I will right now start on it and give you one of my favourite fics:
I was always completely taken by Lusia's fics. That is why I picked "For Tam". If you haven't read it yet, go to the fic list and do it right away. This woman knows what she's talking about and she certainly knows how to describe it!
Most of her stories are very sexual and they are definitely hot. So whenever I feel like being close to my favourite lifer, I open one of her fics and simply flip through them. Mostly they are not long, only a few pages or chapters and that is something I am by now looking for because I don't have much time to wait for the couple to meet, get to know each other, meet the friends, the family and the neighbours cat. Lusia is right there, bam! :) Exactly what I need sometimes. I am an Espresso-Person, small amounts, quick downing, sweet taste and off I go ;)

So, now let us know, which story or author is your favourite? We got so many and they are worth a read, so give us a little wink and tell us, which should be our next from your point of view?
I will start a little topic on the forum for this, join me there!

Cheers, I am on the forum, waiting :) maybe the baby will let me do something for once!
Noa


*EDIT by Monique*

To make finding the story even easier for you guys, here's a link :)

For Tam by Lusia


Another little *EDIT*
Shadows by Steffi

Supposed to be amazing as well. Thanks for mentioning it on the forum for our Throwback Thursday, Nicolola! It starts with the main character in her room & your favourite lifer breaks in (sort of). He's a vampire & your brother & his men are hunting him. They end up in a secret & very steamy relationship...
mmmm, re-read and speak up! :) which is your favourite fic?


*Little sunday-morning-edit*
Against all Christmas Odds by Kara

Read and enjoy, as Jess said, it definitely is a re-reader

Thanks for mentioning it, Kara :) looks like we might soon need  a new post for all those fics :)
Peeps, it is not Throwback-Thursday yet, but I really think you should re-read this!
The other side by Bex
read and have fun!!


19 comments:

Monique said...

Great choice, Noa! I always enjoy a bit of Lusia-fiction! Quick fix, never fails to entertain ;)

Noa said...

Thanks Monique :)

Vicksta1982 said...

tough choices honestly I think it depends on the style and how it comes across. Everyone writes good stories and they are enjoyable to read but to pick a favourite? Nah too hard! LOL.

Noa said...

Hey Vick :) Maybe choose a writer you enjoy a lot? Sometimes it is a storyline that really captured you or an amazing ending... it is hard, I know :) but still, there might be something :))) I am myself also a big fan of Bailey, she has great ideas and her writing is fantastic...
Peeps, go check the fic-list and flip through, maybe there is a good read you havent noticed just yet...

Vicksta1982 said...

All right well the first one that comes to mind is 'Shadows' I've read that a few times always enjoy it every time. Ins funny, romantic, and a little intense at the same time.

Jess said...

Really love anything done by Kara. They are longer reads, but they are so captivating and very well written. One of my all-time guilty pleasure reads is "Against All Christmas Odds". Definitely one of the best stories ever written. I can't even say how many times I've read it already. lol

Jess said...

I do agree, though - Lusia's fics are very good, as well. Short, exciting and definitely gets the imagination going.

Lullu said...

I enjoy loads of fics, but like the work of Bailey and Mandy a lot

Monique said...

Ooh, I love this! It makes me want to go into the fiction list and re-read some of these beautiful stories <3

I've read Kara's stories so often, I think I could recite them backwards even...
Bailey's also one of my favorites. She has some fabby short ones but I also love 'Anyone but you' which has two parts and always proves a good read.

I'm not sure I've read anything of Mandy, not recently anyways. I've hereby taken a note and will pick one of hers soon.

Bex never fails to entertain either and there's so many stories done by her.

Also, I love clicking that link in the sidebar to the last contest-winner, Christine. Fabby story, wish there was more of her to read! And also makes me miss the contests... :( Who's up for a new one?

Noa said...

Christine should give us a new idea, girl, where are youuu??? :)
I will start a ne thread on the forum about the contest, maybe we find something all together?

Kara said...

I enjoy everything. It gives me good ideas for my always growing list of potential storylines.

I love Bailey and Bex stories. It was the mention of a Bex story on twitter that led me here in the first place.

Actually Bex's "Broken Promises" is my inspiration for Fangy Shane, the fic I am currently writing.

And thanks for including "Against all Christmas Odds"... my very first fic here.

Kara said...

I must be having a slow morning... the Bex fic name is "The Other Side"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neverland said...

Thanks Kara :) and welcome back :) great to hear that you are writing on some new stuff, we definitely need some more fics around here! Dont forget to also join us on the forum, we have a few open fics to discuss and also need some more inspiration ;)
Have a great day everyone!!

Jess said...

How about The Blue Line by Krissy? Just re-read it and forgot how heart breaking it was. Love it, though.

I agree with you ladies, Bex is always good no matter what story it is.

The problem is...there are too many good stories to choose from. lol Monique, I've definitely read Kara's works quite a bit too. They're wonderful!

Monique said...

@Kara; Fangy Shane! *sigh* *dribble*

I agree, Jess! There are so many good stories. Once I start reading here I always have a hard time clicking the screen away haha

Raine said...

I like Mandy's works! :) Been a while. I haven't even finished the challenge I was given. Too much work! But I figured something out: it's easier to get inspiration from songs. There are so many amazing songs these days and I think I'm gonna be working on something based on Adam Levine's Lost Stars.

Noa said...

sounds good, Raine :) we are always waiting for new fics! If you find the time, check the forum, we have started some nice talks there :)

Kazzy Bee said...

Oh my gosh! Where to start?!

Okay, I am really late to this party and I apologise, but here goes.

I am SUCH a fan of both Kara and Bex. Both amazing writers and absolutely know how to make you feel like you're living the story! I especially love Bex's "Never Had." Such a CUTE story! My fave Kara one is Shadows and I have no idea why I place it above all her others. I think I'm just a sucker for the ending of that one. Love it.

Little Miss Santa by Luisa is a guilty pleasure of mine. HOT!

On The Plane by Megan totally grabbed me. Such an interesting plot and she just nailed the writing, I constantly go back to that one.

Finally, Kim's You Can't Have My Heart. Man, that story is just so good. There's an amazing sequel that she had posted on another site and I hope she surfaces to post it here too. Both stories are so well written and keep you on a hook!

I'll shut up now, apart from posting this essay on the forum, I mean. But yes. There are too many great stories on the site to pick just one! :)

Jess said...

Along Came John by Noa. Cannot even begin to describe how good that story is. One of my all-time very faves.