Tuesday 13 April 2010

Author: Ash

From: USA

Fave Lifer: Kian, and Shane/Nicky at a tie for second.

Your point of view on your own stories.
My POV is whatever comes into my head. Some of my characters - like in the forum with Kathleen (KT called by Kian, Kate by Shane, Katie by Nicky in "Untitled (for now)") or Aislinn (The "Unbreakable" Shane story) speak more to me than those in the short stories; but for some reason come and go as they please.


When and why did you start writing fan fictions?
I started writing because whatever came into my head was bugging the crap out of me, the character or idea wouldn't seem to go away unless I typed something out. I have fun with writing but feel as though I am horrible at it - I feel I'm either a bad writer, or a bad writer for not being able to finish something. I love challenges and sometimes little words or situations - - like the fire alarm bell at the dorms (written at the Westlife forum)- - or ripping into a box of hohos for a much needed chocolate fix - - give me an idea to write.

What do you like on fan fictions, when you're reading them?
I love when characters are already "seen" by the author, more rounded. It makes the story a lot more easy to read if you know who your character is/is about. I also used to be a copy editor in high school for our HS newspapaper, and then in college; so I can't stand grammatical or other mistakes and if sentences roam on, or it seems the writer is like a child, I'll end the story a few paragraphs in because in my words, I just "can't take it!". 
I love almost any story - romance, humor, historical or true, AU, ... almost anything, as long as it's not to horrific.

Stories in Neverland written by Ash
-Road to Eternity (with Binha, Krissy and Nikki);

Contact Ash:
piecesofplaces@yahoo.com OR luvfiction in the forum

No comments: