Thursday 28 April 2016

The Boy Next Door by Kara - Full story

June 6; Sorry guys, for keeping you waiting so long. But here it is; the final chapter of The Boy Next Door! Enjoy!
 
June 1; Seeing as there's been no complaints, does that mean the script hasn't turned out as awful as I feared it to be? Do let us know, guys! Also, leave some love for Kara (though that doesn't need to be said coz you're all already on that! Love!) Enjoy the update!


May 29; New chapter for all you lovely comment-leavers  

May 25; New chapter! After scripting this story, I found quite some scripting errors in the last few chapters. For some reason the program I use to do the scripting was being funny with me. I've tried to fix it all as best as I could but if you find any scripting errors (names being left unscripted or anything else), please, do let us know! We'd love to get the best possible version of this out. Thanks, guys!

Also; we'd love to put more stories up. If you want to share yours with us, don't hestitate! Contact us at neverland.fics@gmail.com
We'd love to host your story as well! 

Monique 

May 21; As promissed; A new chapter! Have a great weekend, guys!
 
May 19; And again... I'm truly sorry, life is just a bit hectic and all. But a new chapter is up now and I'll fix the remaining chapters and upload one more this weekend. I promise! For now, enjoy the read!

PS; For those finding trouble in reading older stories; we had some issues again with the server. They're fixed now and you should be able to access them again.
  
May 11; Sorry guys, for being such a lousy updater. New chapter up now, enjoy!
 
May 2nd: So good to see them comments! Thanks guys, it's good to know you're still out there and letting Kara know how you love the story! You'll find chapter 3 under the link now. Enjoy!
  
Update: As promised, chapter 2 is up now as well :)

Hey guys,
Your eyes don't deceive you, there truly is a new fic online! It's a beauty shared by Kara and you can read the first chapter by clicking the link below now. Do so, you won't regret!
Also, I know I've been making promisses on the tag to get it up sooner and failed. I had some massive problems with my scripting program. With the scripting nearly done first time around it decided to freeze on me and I had to start all over. To make up for lost time, I'll add another chapter later today. Keep an eye out on our website or our Twitterpage for new updates!

Enjoy the read and let Kara know what you think of the story by commenting below! :)

Monique

Author: Kara A. Stevens
Rating: 18+
Genre: R,D,SX
Pages: 158
Cast: You, your two best friends, two lifers and some more
Teaser: Get your heart broken once? Shame on you. Get your heart broken twice? Shame on me.
After finally moving on from a toxic relationship, she realizes that she is quickly becoming extremely attached and attracted to her next door neighbor. Who in fact turns out to be too much like the ex she has finally left behind for her liking. She's afraid of making the same mistakes all over again, but oh boy, it's hard not to trip over the same stone twice especially when the guy looks as yummy as her neighbor does. The question is: Is she brave enough to risk her heart again? 


69 comments:

Unknown said...

Wohooooooo Kara is back!!

kim said...

what a great story plot! Can't wait for the next chapters :) TWO THUMBS UP KARA!

Sophie said...

Love this already, please update soon. Brilliant work x

Monique said...

Kara! You're back! <3

Oh, how I love this already. Yes, total permission to kick the bastard in the junk. Speaking of lousy timing...
Also, I'm a freaking idiot for allowing him back in my life. Good thing a handsome neighbor arrived! Oggling through kitchenwindow; always a good idea!
Can't wait to see where this is going!

Or, wait... Mwuahahahaha

PS; Shane really did not appreciate not being the maincharacter for this story. He totally messed up my script. Twice.

Kara said...

Hi guys.

I am glad everybody seems to be enjoying the story so far... let me start by apologizing. Chapter 2, Markus (the main lifer in the story) should have been looking out to the Pacific Ocean, since the story is set in California. Not the Atlantic. I was re-reading and gasped when I saw that.
And I also noticed a lot of typos... my OCD is not allowing me to sleep at night LOL.

Monique, totally... you were my inspiration for the oggling through the window.
Hahaha on Shane messing up your scripting... :)

Anonymous said...

Hiiii is this lifer related fic or can we choose our own main lifer??? Thanx

Kara said...

Hiii in my story I picked Mark and Shane, but you can pick whoever you want... have fun!

Toni said...

As always Kara... Amazing! Cant wait for more!!!

Monique said...

@Kara; I'll get the Pacific fixed in the final update

amy said...

I LOVE this new fic!! Kara sooooo glad your back to writing, yu have such a talent
Can't wait for more!!!

Mélo said...

as usual your story is amazing, I truly admire your way of writing :)

Dani (Danila) said...

Its been awhile since i've had q good read here and Its always a time well spent! I love this new story couldn't wait for more! Awesome story Kara! ♡♡

Mama schreibt Bücher said...

Started your fic, cinema at it's best as usual.
You have a way of describing even the tiniest things without boring or pro-longing. Really enjoyed some Kara this morning on my breakfast-break ;)

kaz said...

Aaaaaaahhhhhh,Kara!! Love, love, LOVE it! Can not wait for more! Your fics are always exciting and this one is no different, thank you so much for sharing it!

Bring on the next chapter! xxx

P.S totally get the OCD, I re-read one of mine recently and found typos and mistakes galore :/ but this is great, regardless xx

Toni said...

Great add! been checking up everyday for more! haha. Poor things. hopefully the date hasnt put anyone off!

Monique said...

@Toni; Aww, you must be one of our most loyal readers I think. You're always right there to leave a good ol' comment, have been forever. Thanks, dear!

Kara! Poor poor Mark... And he meant so well. Bwuahahaha I snickered all the way through this chapter

Anonymous said...

Amazing story. You're an amazing writer Kara! Can't wait for the next update :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh nooo don't leave it there �� can't wait for the next chapter!! Please don't leave it to long love this

Andthentherewere3! said...

Love it yay

Andthentherewere3! said...

Love it yay

amy said...

Yay love this story. Can't wait for the next chapter

Toni said...

Great ad! will be interesting how long the "just friends" will last hahaha

Andthentherewere3! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andthentherewere3! said...

Love love love it can't wait till they get it together x

Andthentherewere3! said...

Fab update

Anonymous said...

Kara I am loving all your work keep it up please. Looking forward to more x

Brittanylea02 said...

One of the best stories! I cannot wait for another update!

Vanda said...

Haven't read it yet, want it to finished on scripting first so I can read the whole, not cut by cut, I am soooooooo exciting bout the new story, didn't read for a long long time and I miss for doing that again, can't wait for the end of the story Kara, keep up the good work, we are all waiting hereeeeeeeeeeeee xoxo

Anonymous said...

Any chance of a cheeky update in celebration of Shane's tour tickets release?? Loving this story so far well done Kara

Monique said...

Such a gentleman, Mark... Meeeeh!
This is for sure one of my favoritest chapters! I love drunk 'me' and I love how Mark is coming to the rescue. He is sooooo in love! <3

More more more!

(Oh wait, it's me that's making sure more is happening. Let's get to that right away then! Mwuahahaha)

Also; to all them lovely replies here. You guys are the best.

Andthentherewere3! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andthentherewere3! said...

Hurry Monique! Lol x

xhazzix said...

Good story. Cannot wait for the next chapter. Soooo impatient

Anonymous said...

Wow at last ! Lol I loved this chapter I hope it doesn't all go wrong x

Anonymous said...

I meant at last they got together not at last name update lol x

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm loving this please please please don't leave it toooo long for the next chapter I need the rest of the story ahhh fantastic

Toni said...

Great updates! love the story!

Claire said...

Boy am I glad I only just found it yesterday when chapter 8 was already up... ;) Otherwise the tension would have probably killed me! Love this story Kara, especially the cute texting banter - it's adorable and totally relatable :) looking forward to reading more chapters!

Kara said...

Hi all.

Loving all the comments and the fact that everybody seems to be loving this story.

My favorite thing to write in this story is in Chapter 8 when the main character says: "She wondered if he was being sarcastic and by better he meant that she was no longer acting like the girl from The Exorcist."

I laughed so much when I wrote that for some reason.

2 more chapters to go...

Andthentherewere3! said...

2 more no way ! I love your style of writing Kara x

xhazzix said...

Soooo sooo goood

Anonymous said...

Aw I love chapter 9 Kara so well written and romantic. Am I the only one hoping there's a sequel lol x

Anonymous said...

I think everyone would love a sequel but saying that is read anything Kara writes so talented amazing stories always gripped start to finish

Anonymous said...

Definitely agree with you there she's amazing x

Anonymous said...

Noooooo only one chapter left ahhh he needs to admit he loves her can't wait for the last chapter let's hope they both admit their feelings love this!!!

Brittanylea02 said...

Best story! Kara you're such a good writer :)

Anonymous said...

As its a Saturday an most people are off work any chance we cud have the last chapter??? I can't wait much longer for the ending pleeeeaaaassseeeee we all love this story

kaz said...

*waits with baited breath*

Andthentherewere3! said...

Eagerly waiting for more xx

Andthentherewere3! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hoping the last chapter is on tomorrow so I can relax on the sofa with a cuppa reading the whole fic

Anonymous said...

Wow well done Kara I don't no how you do it but your stories are always amazing always keep me gripped think this is my favourite story looking forward to more 10/10

Anonymous said...

Wow wow wow Kara amazing from start to finish
I LOVE your work and love how you have though of another one already. Well done honey x

Toni said...

Great story Kara! loved it!! ending was so good hahaha. cant wait for the sequel!!! woooooooooooooooo

Anonymous said...

I love this story it's my favourite kind friends to lovers love story

Anonymous said...

My kind of story ;) Can't wait for the sequel!

Ivy said...

Hi, I just find this site and read The Boy Next Door right away..
Boy I got hooked! It is so damn good! Well written, Kara! <3
Not only it is amazing, sweet but also the tension, everything..
My kind of story.. Gotta love it! Can't wait for the sequel! :D

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to an update ladies xx

Unknown said...

Loved this :) xx

Unknown said...

Loved this :) xx

Monique said...

Kara!
I only just realized I never came back in here to comment on the rest of the story *slaps self*
It's been briliant and the more the story unfolded itself, the smoother it seemed to roll (if that makes any sense). By the end of the story you had me more curious about Shane's story than to see how things ended for Mark and his lady, ha!

Great work, as per usual ;)

kaz said...

I loved this. Loved it. It was just perfect. Well done Kara.

I can't wait to see what "When We Were Young" brings! *waits around for it*

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Truly loved your story. Great writing!

Anonymous said...

I can't read this one. Pleaze fix it

Leira said...

Can't be accessed :( all the stories are unavailable 😕

Anonymous said...

I really wanna read this one.. can you fix it????

Jenn said...

I really want to read this. Can it be fixed?