Saturday 12 April 2014

Sunshine Blogger Awards!

Now this sounds like fun :)

We have been nominated by Aline
It is about the so called Sunshine Blogger Awards, that apparently bloggers give to other bloggers for good entertainment and fun stuff to read. Well, they are in the right place with us, aren't they? :)
Monique is doing the honours, I will only do the translating of the rules and facts.
Monique, all eyes are on you now :)

... hey, didnt we use to have a special section that was called "all eyes on"? We definitely have to work on that again! :)

These are the rules: 

1. Share 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions that have been given to you by the blogger that has nominated you
3. Ask your own 11 questions
4. Inform your nominees about the awards and their nomination 

11 Facts about me

1. I don't think I can come up with 11 facts about myself...
2. ...but I can tell you I love Mark Feehily.
3. I'm a sucker for blue-eyed, dark-haired men in general,
4. and also for a nice Irish or Australian accent!
5. I spend too much of my time on the internet,
6. Most of that time is spent watching American TV-shows.
7. That little hobby seriously takes away too much writing time.
8. Which is why it always takes forever for a new story of mine to appear on here.
9. I have serious trouble finishing a story anyways.
10. Which results in me having a folder called 'Work in Progress' which currently contains 7 stories and another one called 'Currently on hold', holding another dozen or so...
11. But I do plan on finishing a fic soon. (even if soon could still be a year from now :p)

12... I'm surprised I did make it to eleven after all ;)

11 Questions from Aline

1) Was ist dein Lieblingsbuch? / What's your favourite book?
I really couldn't tell you that. I read a lot. Like A LOT. And I read pretty much everything I can get my hands on. I do prefer reading fiction though, I'm not really one to read a biography or something of the like, they don't usually interest me all that much. When reading I love to get sucked into another world, live someone elses life for a bit and they just don't do that for me.
I'm a big fan of Jill Mansell, I always have to have her books the moment they're released.
Also I love love love reading all your stories on here! Ha :p
  
2) In welchem Land möchtest du am liebsten leben? / In which country would you prefer living?
Ireland... Duh!
No, seriously. I'm pretty blessed with where I am (which is the Netherlands). If there would be one country that's kinda alluring, it would be Australia. I don't know why, I've never been there before but it's just always been there in the back of my head y'know. But I wouldn't like it much to be too far away from my family so I'm content where I am at the moment. 

3) High Heel or Sneaker?
As much as I love high heels, I'm most comfortable in sneakers. Heels are pretty but I mostly prefer comfortable over pretty haha

4) Bester Moment in deinem Leben? / Best moment of your life?
There isn't one moment in my life that I'd call best, naming just the one would take away the shine of all my other blessings. Life is built out of smaller and bigger moments, all have shaped me to be who I am today. And I hope that the future holds many more for me to keep life interesting.
(But really, being in Mark's arms... that was it :p ;))

5) Was ist deine Lieblingsjahreszeit? / Your favourite time of the year?
Summer!

6) Was ist deine größte Leidenschaft? / What is your greatest passion?
I wish I had one, that would take away a lot of lifes struggle! haha But I think this reading/writing business comes very close.

7) Welche historische Persönlichkeit bist du? / What historical person are you?
Pffft... Not a clue. I'm not really into history at all and the things I do know are mainly the bad things that happened like wars and such... I only remember the bad guys and I wouldn't associate myself with them.

8) Gerade oder ungerade? / even or uneven?
lol Erh... Uneven?

9) Arbeitest du in deinem Traumjob? / Are you currently working in your dream job?
Nope, can't say that I do. I'm really struggling to figure out how to fill in this part of my life, it just won't work and I find myself lacking the courage and self-knowledge to get it to work. But I'm confident I'll get there eventually and in the meantime I try to enjoy what I do as much as possible.

10) Wie kamst du zu deinem Blog? / How did you come to writing/hosting your blog?
Mark really... :p
Neverland has been out there since forever or so it feels. I've always loved reading fan-fics (those good old days of the Official Westlife Forum, the fanfic section... Oh yeah! They should so bring that place back!), the interactive ones always gave it that little bit more. So since I came across this site, I never lost track of it. Back then Mi and Binha ran it. I sent them some of my stories, then I think I offered to do a new layout for them (I love doing graphic-work in photoshop and also creating websites and stuff) and when they needed people to help get the fics interactive I helped out with that too every now and then. I love seeing this site active and with stories so whenever it's needed, I like to jump in and help out a bit.

11) There's only 10 questions there, that's cheating! ;) haha

11 Questions for my Nominees

1. How did you come across the blog that nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Awards?
2. For how long have you been blogging?
3. Do you integrate your blogging into your social media accounts?
4. What inspires you to write?
5. What's your favorite food?
6. How much time do you spend on a computer on a daily base?
7. What's your favorite animal?
8. Where would you like to travel?
9. Skirt or trousers?
10. Twitter or Facebook
11. What do you do to get people to read your blog? 

Nominees:

I picked some of the blogs that were suggested with the comments of an earlier post on here. If you'd like to be nominated, let me know in the comment section below and I'll get to it ;) 
If you'd like to be un-nominated, let me know aswell girls and I'll take the links off. I know I should hunt you down and let you know I've nominated you but I need to go out and am running late already so I'm just hoping that you see this :p 

The Perky and Bubbly Word Nerd by Raine

Moving westward by Claire 

A Writer's World by Vicksta


Thanks for the nomination, Aline ;) I've had fun with it!

Monique 

5 comments:

Vicksta1982 said...

Oh wow. Gee, thanks ladies! If not for following this site's twitter, it would have taken me a while to realise. LOL. Appreciate it so much. I better go write about this then! ;-) hehe. I'll get to answering whatever I need soon

Claire said...

Hehe, thanks Monique :) Well, I guess I'll be putting up a new post then... ;)

Raine Rafael said...

Oh dear! Well, I better start blogging!

Raine Rafael said...

Here it is!
http://rainerafael.blogspot.com/2014/04/sunshine-blogger-awards.html

Thanks guys!

Monique said...

Ooh, I was meaning to tell you that you were nominated, Raine. Sorry, it totally slipped my mind. Off to read now :)