Monday 12 April 2010

Author: Mandy

From: - -

Fave Lifer: Brian

Your point of view on your own stories.
I can get inspired from anything. From a song, to a clip I see on TV, to something I see on my way home. Anything gives me inspiration and when I get it, I just have to write about it. I do use things that have happened to me in real life in my stories and twist them in a way to make them fictional. To start writing a fic, I have to be sure how it is going to start and an ending and that’s when I start writing. When I suddenly get uninspired, I leave it for a while and get back to it when inspiration finds me. I usually move on to another fic when this happens. So I always have lots of fics on the go. I tend to write comedies, or I go totally the other way and go for sad stories. Depends on my mood. There is a lot of darkness to my fics lately coz of my current state of mind. I am always thinking about what I can write. I am very critical of my own fics and I will not submit until I am sure that I really like it. If I don’t, then I scrap it. I have done that loads of times.
When and why did you start writing fan fictions?
I was on the Westlife official message boards one day and despite me thinking it was totally ridiculous writing stories about Westlife, I went ahead and read one. I found out that I loved reading them. I have always lived in a fantasty world so then I thought it was a fantastic ideas you get my fantasy’s out. But I still did not get my nerve to write. But one day I went into a topic and I saw someone who said they wanted to write a story, but they didn’t know what about. So I suggested a Baywatch themed one. (Even though I was never a BW fan) The girl never replied so I wrote a chap and posted it. She still never replied so I continued, and that’s how my first fic came to life. It was called Baywatch at first and I changed it to Dreams come true, which seemed a more appropriate title. I used to write directly onto the message boards but then I used Word to write my fics. And that’s how I started. Once I finished Dreams come true, I wanted more, and 5 years later, here I am. Still writing fics.

What do you like on fan fictions, when you're reading them?
I love reading Fan Fictions. I like the funny ones and the ones with relationship crisis more than anything. I like it when the couples take a while to get together. I don’t like reading when they meet and get together instantly, as that bores me. I like to be kept in suspense. I do like happy endings, and a lot of mine are happy endings, except one. Out of luck…so be warned lol.

Stories in Neverland written by Mandy:

No comments: